The school expects students to maintain a high degree of discipline. Students are expected to communicate only in English during school hours. They should be dedicated to academics and participate in the co-curricular activities of the school. They should be well-mannered, courteous and considerate to the needs of others.
Every student of the school is expected to be loyal to the school. He / She must follow all the rules and regulations meticulously as prescribed by the school. Any failure on the part of the students to abide by the rules of the school will attract appropriate punitive measures.
Carrying of chewing gum, bubble gum, mobile phones and media players by the students are not permitted in the school premises.
Members of the students’ Council / Perfect / Monitors together with the staff are responsible for the discipline of the school.
Parents are requested to go through the rules and the regulations and the code of conduct prescribed by the school and ensure that their wards follow them strictly.
- Student must strictly adhere to the rules of the school regarding the uniform and their turn-out.
- Any deviation from the prescribed uniform is unacceptable. Parents are requested to monitor the turn-out of their ward/s in the morning before they set off the school.
- The parents must ensure that they pick up the right fabric prescribed by the school for their ward’s uniform. They need to be careful as some ready-made garment sellers sell or tailor stitch outfits which do not conform of the school specification.
- Boys are expected to have a proper hair-cut. While the boys must keep their hair short and well-groomed the girls must tie up their hair in a plait with white/ black elastic hair bands.
- Colouring of hair is strictly prohibited. Boys are not allowed to use gel/cream and sport spikes on their hairs
- On all the days the students are expected to wear proper shoes as follows
|Gender||Do’s||Not allowed to wear|
|Must wear flat, black, leather shoes with laces. Ensure that their shoes are polished every day.
White shoes on Sundays and Thursdays.
|Shoes without laces, having high heels|
|Must wear flat, black, leather polished shoes with straps.
White shoes on Saturdays and Thursdays.
|Shoes having high heels.|
- Boys must wear pants above their waist no baggy pants will be allowed. They must wear black belts with no fancy buckles.
- All the students are expected to keep their nails trimmed regularly. No nail polish is allowed.
- Girls must wear white plain socks up their calf muscles. No designs or brand names or stripes are permitted. Their skirt should be at least 3inches below the knee.
- Students are not allowed to wear any fancy jewelry.
Violation of the code of the conduct:
The schools adopts a positive/constructive approach in the management of the discipline wherein the students would willingly accept the norms of conduct of the school and behave or act in an appropriate or desirable manner, leading to their academic excellence and overall developments, rather than unwillingly complying with the rules because of the fear or threat of punishment. In spirit of this approach the school would strive to create a teaching-learning environment conducive to encouraging self-discipline among students. The school would also make attempts to understand the causes of problem behavior among, children and counsel them appropriately. However if the misconduct does occur despite the above the measures, the school would be obliged to take punitive action for the purposes of deterrence and in the larger interest of the schools/community.
The discipline committee has the authority to take the final decisions on any disciplinary matter. Violation of the code of conduct prescribed by the school attracts appropriate punishment depending on the act of indiscipline as listed below:
|First time: Warning, counseling||
|Second time: Suspension||
|Third time: Dismissal||
General Rules for Pupils:
- All students on admission must make themselves familiar with the rules notified for their conduct. Parents must take the responsibility of making their children aware of the rules of discipline while studying in the school. Ignorance of the rules will be no excuse for any action against the defaulters.
- The attendance will be called out at the beginning of each session those not in the class room will be marked absent.
- Students must bring all the books required for that day’s work. No lending or borrowing is allowed.
- School calendar must be brought to the class daily. No page of the calendar should be torn or used for rough work.
- Late coming of students should be avoided at all costs except under justifiable and unforeseen circumstances, to instill the importance of punctuality in the growing minds. Any student coming to class late for more than five minutes will be allowed only after teacher’s signature.
- Students must come neatly dressed in their complete school uniform everyday.
- Habitual, unjustified or unexplained absence, disobedience or objectionable behavior justifies action against the child. Students are urged to maintain the high standard of the school in their manners and general behavior.
- Students should be polite, friendly and well-behaved in and outside the school.
- Students are encouraged and expected to speak English in the school.
- Students should be particularly careful to avoid throwing paper/ seeds etc. anywhere in the school premises except in the bins provided for this purpose.
- Any kind of damage done in school premises is to be made good by the guilty. Students should avoid carving, writing or scratching on the walls and furniture.
- No books, periodicals, pictures or newspapers, electronic gadgets and devices should be brought to the school without the approval of the Principal. They are liable to be confiscated.
- Though every care is taken, the school does not hold any responsibility for the loss of books, money or ornaments etc. It is advisable not to bring any valuables to the school.
- No child suffering from any contagious disease will be allowed to attend the school till the danger of transmitting the infection is over.
- Any student persistently insubordinate, repeatedly mischievous or has committed an act of serious indiscipline or misbehavior or who in the opinion of the Principal has an adverse influence on other students may be expelled permanently or removed for a specified period from the rolls by the Principal and the reasons thereof recorded in writing.
- Students should maintain silence during the General Assembly and while moving to the class rooms, after the General Assembly. Silence should be observed on the way to P.E. classes and library.
- During the class hours, students should not leave the classroom under any pretext. If need be, they must get permission from the class teacher.